1. IntroductionThe purpose of this document is to tell you about the cookies used on this site, and on all sites operated by subsidiaries of Veronesi Holding S.p.A., and how we use them when you visit so that you can give consent. By using the site, you expressly agree to the conditions specified on the homepage informing you of this document’s existence. For more information about our sites, visit http://www.gruppoveronesi.it/.
2. What are cookies?Cookies are files, often containing a unique, anonymous identifier, sent by a web server to your browser and stored on the hard disk of your computer, phone, tablet, or other device. If you come back to the site, the server will recognise you. Cookies are used mainly to ensure that the site operates correctly, and to provide us with sales and marketing information.
4. Types of cookie used on our site4.1 Cookies based on the entity that manages them Based on the entity that manages the device or the domain that sends the cookies and processes the data obtained, we can distinguish between
- Internal cookies: These are sent to your device by a device or domain that we operate and that provides the service required.
- Third-party cookies: These are sent to your device by a device or domain owned not by us, but by other entities that process the data from the cookie.
- Session cookies: These are designed to collect and store data for as long as you visit the site. If the session ends or you close your browser, the cookies do not remain on the device.
- Persistent cookies: The data these contain is stored by the device. They can be viewed and processed even after you leave the site, or come back to it within a specified period. The maximum duration of persistent cookies used on our site is two years.
- Technical cookies: These ensure that the site works properly and that you can navigate between pages and use the various functions. Without them, you would not be able to use search, comparison, booking or other services available on the site.
- Personalisation cookies: These allow you to navigate within the site, store your chosen options, and provide functions tailored to your needs. In some cases, we may allow advertisers or other third parties to place cookies on our site in order to provide personalised content and services. By using our site, you consent to our use of these cookies. If you block them, the site may not function correctly.
- Analytical cookies: These are used to produce statistics about your visit: how you use the site, which pages you visit, any errors that occur while you are on it, and your location. They are anonymous, and do not contain any personal information that would enable us to identify you. Analytical cookies also make the site operate more efficiently. Some of them may be managed by third parties on our behalf, but they are not allowed to use them for any purposes other than those above.
- Advertising and remarketing cookies: These collect information to make advertising on this and other third-party sites, and other online campaigns, more relevant to you. Most are third-party cookies, and because of this and the way they work, we are not able to view them. We therefore cannot be held liable for the way in which they are used, or their purpose. You can obtain more information about the operation, function and use of third-party cookies in the data protection information. For more details, see the list of cookies in section 5 of this document.
- We may also use the services of third parties to collect data and/or display advertisements when you visit our site. These companies normally hold the data in large-scale, anonymised form, so it does not include information such as your name, address, email, or phone number. They also provide information about the pages you visit on this and other sites, to show advertising for products and services that may be relevant to you.
- Social cookies: These allow you to link to our site and like it on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and YouTube, and interact with content from those sites. How these cookies are used and what information they collect is governed by the data protection policies of the social networks concerned, which you can see in the list in section 5 of this document.